Ann Cam School
There is evidence that there was a school in Dymock as far back as the early 1600's. However, it was not until the school received an endowment from Miss Ann Cam in the early 1800's that a Master and Mistress were salaried and the school buildings were extended. Kempley School closed after the First World War and all children from the area were educated in Dymock until 1950 when the school became a Primary School and the older children were taken to Newent. The old school house still exists in the village but the children now study in the light airy atmosphere of the new school in Bayfield Gardens.